Friday, May 15, 2009

Shoebox full of metal

I’m a hoarder.

Not only do I collect mountains of weird and random junk (plastic animals, matchbooks, vases, old radios), I also troll around the internet saving all of these links to stuff that’s cool (to me). It’s my way of “shopping” without spending any money. Find a neat old piece of dollhouse furniture on eBay, put it in the watch list. See some pretty throw pillows on Etsy, bookmark it. No more! All that crap is going up here. It’s not like I’m ever going to buy it all, so I need to stop hoarding.

Think of me as one of those guys who drives down your alley in a old rattly truck way too early on Saturday morning, picking up scrap metal and other junk to peddle down at the landfill. I’m a junk-peddling magpie of the virtual world.

Is there an application for this in Second Life? Don’t tell me if there is…

Anyway.

So, as we all know, my life has been created thanks to Craigslist, and I’ve been doing a lot of poking around the free section (recession, the economy, paying rent and a mortgage, blah, blah) and there is some neat stuff, guys!

Behold Shoebox Full of Metal:



I want this stuff so very much. Please, please write me back, Shoebox Full of Metal guy or lady.

Another bonus, if you’re looking for hangers, old issues of Hustler or pine shavings, there’s a guy for you! You can get it all in one place. Oh, Craigslist.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin