Friday, July 17, 2009

How color bars have shaded my life


The moment I saw these Lauren Saunders pillows on Happy Mundane, I had to scoot on over here and post them.

Harbor Lights. This one is my favorite.

I've always had an affinity for Jeremy Blake's digitally animated paintings, and these pillows remind me of his work. As commonly seen in Punch Drunk Love:


Also of note, the design he did for Beck's Sea Change album:


Which I've always taken as an homage to Bowie's Aladdin Sane:
Which was my Halloween costume! It all comes full circle.

Not to harsh our collective buzz, but Blake's sad and mysterious death is something I still think about now and again. What a talent to have lost. He sounded like a nice guy too.

1 comment:

Jess W. said...

I remember reading that article. Sooo bizarre. I had seen his piece "Winchester" at SFMOMA 4 years ago and was shocked to hear of his death just a couple of short years later.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin