Wednesday, August 26, 2009

There is a light that never goes out

I was picking through my saved photos and fantasizing (again). Originally, I had marked this one because I love the wallpaper up at the top of the room (what, me wallpaper? never!)

Upon revisiting it, however, I'm pretty into the light fixture, which is from Pottery Barn. It's so old-timey Thomas Edison-y (hence the name of the chandelier).

And it's about the only thing I've liked from the ol' PBarn as long as I can remember. I'll have to start taking a closer look at their catalog when it comes.

But, ugh, look at how they've got the in-room pictures of the thing styled:



I'm not feeling it at all.I don't know what it is. I like old, rustic crap as much (possibly more than) as the next person. Maybe it's the sunflowers and wooden American flag that scream country picnic/90s shabby chic/the worst Friends episode ever to me.

Ok, less grumpy, more helpful. Geez, I mean I'm on vacation, right?

Here are some other similarly cool options
Firefly Pendant from CB2

Octopus chandelier at Velocity Art and Design (comes in a smaller version; also in white and black)

Lindsey Adelman (via Oh Joy!)

Or make one of your own, thanks to Jean Pelle for ReadyMade. Or if you're not down to clown, it looks like you can maybe pick up one or some other bubbly goods on Etsy.

1 comment:

more is jess said...

The Contemporist just featured a kick ass lamp today.

http://tinyurl.com/n7mcud

I die.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin