Wednesday, November 18, 2009
DWTF, ROTFLMAO, sparkly vampires, Party in the USA, Delia's catalog, GoGurt (or whatever teens these days eat. It's probably not Activia.), Fallout Boy*!
I am honest-to-god crossing state lines to pick up this bank of lockers for my adult-lady house. $40. I know I'm a grownup because my teen self would have spent that money on ugly chokers from Express, some baby barrettes and a thrift-store flannel shirt to go with my waffle-weave babydoll dress. Hurl.
Like, what is my damage? Things I've purchased/acquired in an unconscious effort to turn my house into a high school:
- Four globes of varying sizes
- Two large chalkboards made from old windows
- Vintage schoolbooks (1 math, 1 biology, 1 English grammar)
- A button maker (for creating spirit buttons for all of the jock loves in my life)
- Multiple locker bins
- One pull-down map of Kentucky
- One metal detector (just seeing if you're paying attention)
Regardless, I'm still pretty excited about this find (as always, thanks Craigslist!). We're in desperate need for a place to store our winter coats/boots/ panda ski masks. But I don't know if I'm so jazzed about the "bright, sporty blue" it's painted.
Anyone have any suggestions on new colors for my lockers? Of course the inside of my locker will be plastered with pictures of Zac Efron. (He's still "dreamy," right kids?)
In an ideal world, these would be all rusty and Army green. But then again, in an ideal world, I'd come home to find Jordan Catalano** leaning up against them...
So are we thinking hot pink and houndstooth? Canary yellow? Industrial gray? Or do I have to figure out what the house mascot is first?
* This is humiliating, but I just Googled "What bands do teens like?" to get this one.
** I will also accept Daniel Desario in this scenario