Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Eye candy caning

My grandma was an interior decorator back in the 60s and 70s, so in addition to loving anything Oriental (the lady had some seriously gorgeous silk and mother-of-pearl screens), she had a penchant for the look of natural fibers like bamboo, rattan and caning, not only represented in materials, but in fabrics, ceramics and just about anywhere else you can imagine.



This bowl set that I just listed on Etsy (and that I'm more than half hoping doesn't sell because I kind of love it), reminded me of how much I share her love for those particular patterns.

So, in a variation on yesterday's more modern houndstooth theme, get ready to get caned. On a freezing, snowy day like this, I'd really like to have a dramatic room lanai in which I would swan about in a muumuu and oversized sunglasses, listening to Whipped Cream and Other Delights by Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass and tending to my bird of paradise plants. Of course, I'd also have my lady friends over to play Mahjongg and gossip while we lunched on a few rounds of Tom Collins (Collinses?).

My fantasy lanai must include at least three of these elements:


The Relic Trail, or...

HausProud

Ginger Scraps

U Know U Need Another

The Vintage Supply Co.

Also The Vintage Supply Co.

Forrestina Vintage

Damn, I may have to start stalking The Vintage Supply Co. more often.

And Found Furnishings

Also And Found Furnishings, or for a more casual vibe...

Fashion Rerun, or this...

Which I want. Badly. A Vintage Revolution

Won't you join me?

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin