Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Mo-om!

Nowadays, when I go into work, I walk. So that means I've been talking to my mom on the phone. A lot. I've also become the world's most indecisive person when it comes to finding a dress to wear to my wedding. Seriously, I'm about five mouse-clicks away from acquiring my fourth dress. Of course, I have to call her to agonize over each one, and she's been super patient and just laughs along at my craziness. I guess she's just happy that I'm not waffling over the guy I'm marrying. That's about the only thing that could turn this silly ordeal into serious business.

ANYWAY, all of this is to say she's got the patience of a...I don't know...really mellowed-out animal or some sort of Biblical figure? Is it Job I'm reaching for here? A sloth? That doesn't seem right.

But yeah, she's patient, but only to a point. Recently:

Me: Mom? Hi, what's up? I bet you're getting sick of me calling every day, huh?

Mom: Good-natured laughing.

Me: Mo-om! You're supposed to say, "Oh no! Call as much as you need to. I love hearing from you."

Mom: Well, how long is this going to go on?


Ha, way to keep it real, Mom! I keep asking myself the same thing when it comes to all of the floaty white dresses that seem to be breeding in my already-too-small closet. Ugh. I'm never this wishy washy. And I look terrible in white.

2 comments:

erin@designcrisis said...

Pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to see each and every one before I offer my totally unsolicited advice :)

Ashley said...

HAHAH! I love this.

I have a 1.5 hour drive home, and while I was planning the wedding I called my mom EVERY DAY, and agonized over the details. I think she wanted to get a new number.

But, she's a mom, so her patience was awesome.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin