Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Will Alison switch to FOX News in protest? Tune in at 9 to find out!

So I just clicked on CNN to get my daily news dose, and apparently, the more sensational headlines are now being marketed as t-shirts.


Now, I'm not going to try to argue that the stupid, novelty stories will get more clicks than the real news as a result of these shirts--because they already do by virtue of the of the "rile everybody up" headlines themselves. But this seems kind of embarrassing. It rubs me as yet another way mainstream written news (TV news has been this way for a while) is becoming less relevant and more tabloid focused and soundbyte oriented.

These shirts may be even dumber than the one I saw in a shop window this weekend. It depicted a man sitting on a couch in front of a TV, while a woman behind him (his annoying wife, I'm sure) radiated voice vibrations. It read: "Less talkin'. More watchin'."

Indeed.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin