Monday, June 23, 2008

More happy things: The "Come on shake your body, baby, do that Conga!" edition

1. The ever-more AMAZING flower spikes on my aloe and sanseveieria (mother-in-law’s tongue) plants:


I can’t wait for the blooms.

2. This book: All Families are Psychotic. I decided to read it (affectionately) in honor of my trip home last weekend and loved it. I recommend! Someone brilliant should make it into a movie. It would be a fun one to watch.

3. Sunday dinner at Smoke Daddy with 312 (It’s 4U). I love you, cornbread.

4. Poetic Licence shoes. I just ordered two pairs. Oh my god. Shoes. See also: Let me borrow that top.

5. Ripping a bunch of free jazz from my dad’s CD collection. Too bad my computer’s battery died before I could grab all the jams from his Gloria Estefan and the Miami Sound Machine albums.

6. A coworker giving me free cat food “just because I showed up at work on a Friday.”

7. Plans to pick up a great little teak dining table (with leaves!) that I got for a song on Craigslist.

8. Finding out why Damen Avenue used to be Robey Avenue.

9. This text I got first thing this morning (sent last night): “Overheard at Empty Bottle just now: ‘We’re kinda looking to leak a sex tape. You into that?’ Made me laugh.”

10. Not being born into the Baekeland family.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I have mother-in-law's tongue, but no blooms...should I do something to it to make it bloom???

Alison said...

Dude, I have no idea. It's just one I got from Ikea and have been watering like normal. I didn't even know they could flower until recently.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin