Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Salty times at my house

Great news, guys: I’ve advanced to the next round of the apartment contest, so I think I’ll be up against my new opponent this Friday! (not sure about this; the whole process is a little screwy to me so far) Thanks to anyone who voted for me! It was close, and the whole registering to vote thing was I’m sure confusing—so thank you, thank you so much.

So, let’s see, what else? Um, last week I came home from work to find the white quilt I keep folded up at the bottom of my bed covered with drops of blood. Having watched way too many horror movies, my immediate reaction was to look up at my ceiling to see if some murdered person in the apartment above me was leaking.

No. I guess that means I’ll continue to be treated to live folk music concerts at 3 a.m. Shoot.

It turns out one of my cats had gotten a claw stuck in the blanket and had ripped it out. Guh. It still makes me shiver to think about ripping out a nail like that. One $70 trip to the vet later, we are now on a schedule where I dip his wounded paw into a bowl of water and Epsom salts twice a day. This, of course, he hates, so he kicks and squirms and usually dumps over the bowl. Once the salty water dries into a lovely white film, my whole kitchen looks like a Chicago sidewalk in the dead of winter.

Ok, on to nicer things.

Now that my hair is about two inches long, I’ve been getting into headbands.
Can I please have one of these? (hold the hair, thanks)

Also, for the past two years, I’ve been asking someone for a locket whenever a gift-giving occasion comes around (and no, Sweetest Day doesn’t count).
I wouldn’t be upset at all if this is what I received. Rats. It looks to be sold out. Way to be a total tease, website!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ginko- my fave!

Raymi Lauren said...

love that head wrap

Blog Widget by LinkWithin