Monday, May 11, 2009

Something new on this page

Oh man, I’ve fallen off the blogging wagon HARD, huh?

Ok, I’m going to do this for real now. To get things started, I’m going to fill out this meme I found on great site What Possessed Me. Not tagging anyone back because I seriously doubt anyone’s stopping by these parts to see what’s going on. That’d be like when you keep on going back to the fridge to see if there’s anything good to eat even when you know the only thing in there is some old celery and you don’t even have any peanut butter and raisins to make ants on a log.

Well, surprise! It’s not chocolate cake, but here’s some new content!

1. What are your current obsessions?
Glass jars and filling them with things in my living room (plants, plastic toy animals, more plants), paint colors, rusty, corrugated metal, back porch gardening, mentally pestering myself about moving music from the external hard drive to my ipod and taking pictures off my camera and then not doing it, Levi’s jeans, debating whether or not I could get away with dyeing my hair platinum, season three of Weeds (get here already!), iced coffee.

2. Which items from your wardrobe do you wear most often?
My black skinny jeans even though they don’t look good—hey, they fit! This seriously ugly white “Rudolph Ramble” sweatshirt Marc got from a 5-K a few years ago (it’s really warm). Gray pullover sweater.

3. What's for dinner?
If it’s up to me, cereal. Someone else in my house likes to eat actual “meals,” so I fall back on the, like, three things I know how to make: spaghetti, grilled ham and cheese or oven pizza.

4. Last thing you bought?
A bunch of stuff that’s on sale at 2jane right now. Go there—insane deals, guys!

5. What are you listening to?
Say Hi’s new album “Ooh & Ahhs” and “In Ear Park” by Department of Eagles.

6. If you were a god/goddess who would you be?
If this weekend’s behavior is any indicator, some sort of rain-making water goddess. I think I knocked/kicked over about 72 glasses of water on Saturday alone.

7. Favorite holiday spots?
Anywhere! I love to travel, but I can’t think of many places I’ve been to more than once. So I can’t say I have a favorite. I’m really, really dying to go to Nicaragua, though. We’re planning a trip for next winter!

8. Reading right now?
Volkswagen Blues by Jacques Poulin. I’m only about 30 pages in, though, so I can’t say if it’s good or not yet.

9. 4 words to describe yourself.
Silly, opinionated, contradictory and curious.

10. Guilty pleasure?
Beer, lox, ice cream and watching way too many movies.

11. Who or what makes you laugh until you’re weak?
David Cross, David Sedaris, Amy Sedaris, Nick Swardson as Terry on Reno 911, and Robin Williams (NOT. I can’t stand him. Barf.)

12. First memory?
Sitting on my grandfather’s lap as he read me a story. I have no idea what it was, but I remember the pictures having a lot of red and yellow. It was probably a heartwarming story about a basket of kittens on fire or something.

13. Planning to travel to next?
New York for work in two weeks.

14. Best thing you ate or drank lately?
Shannon made me a great s’mores cake for my birthday. I wish I could eat it all over again. Drink would be the Southside at the Violet Hour. Gin-tastic and refreshing!

15. When did you last get tipsy?
On Saturday, Marc and I went to Explore Fulton Market, which involved visiting many galleries and artist studios and drinking a few plastic cups of Charles Shaw. I usually don’t drink white wine, but Alison + public places + red wine = vampire-red stained teeth and sloshes of wine all over my clothes. I’m a little clumsy, which is why I’m not really allowed to drink things from martini glasses either.

16. Favorite ever film?
Harold and Maude.

17. Care to share some wisdom?
It’s always kind of scary talking to new people, but I always try to remember that most everyone likes to talk about themselves at little bit. Once you get them started, you just have to stand there and listen. Also, life is a balancing act; make efforts to be nicer than you have to but never err on the side of meanness. As long as you’re not a doormat, you’ll never regret being a kind person when you look back on your life.

18. If you could change one thing in your life what would it be?
I would make Chicago’s winters about two months shorter.

19. What makes you grumpy?
Being hungry, itchy eyes and a runny nose.

If you’d like to fill this out, leave a comment and let me know! I’d love to see what you all say.

2 comments:

vintagebird said...

Hey Gfriend,
I did the meme on snapshot. We are the weakest bloggers ever!

Alison said...

We're also a jerk. Never forget it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin