Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Perpetually yours

If you're a procrastinator like me, July 1 is pretty much the perfect time to start looking for a calendar to get your life in order.

To be honest, though, who really needs a paper calendar with BlackBerrys and e-mail and iphones and robot man servants and all? I think we should all just admit that at this point, they’re just for decoration.

And I, for one, am totally fine with that.

In fact, I have a little bit of an obsession with calendars—there are three up at home. And my favorite of all are perpetual calendars. You don’t have to fall in love with them and then do the sad goodbye thing at the end of the year.
I have (and love) this Imbroglio calendar:

But here are some kitschy and fun options from eBay that make me flip (get it? Oh ho ho!):
You’ve got your classic.

Or your AWESOME Hamm’s beer bear.

Aww, hey Kanga on a log! Next trendy animal to usurp the owl? Could be, could be…

Whoo Las Vegas!

Or maybe Canada, eh?

Classy in chrome.


Or this stately dame. A little on the pricey side, but it commemorates the 1953 royal coronation and would look awesome with my Australian tablecloth.

Etsy, of course, has about a trillion options, but I have to give a special shout out to this one:


How rad would this be in the kitchen of someone who is actually regularly proficient at cooking (aka not mine)?

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin