Monday, September 28, 2009

Adulthood: Signed, sealed, delivered

Over the last few months, I've been trying to act more like a grown up by making the bed every morning. And I've been pretty damn good at it! Even on those days (most days) when I'd rather crawl back in it, I suck it up and fold down the sheets and fluff up the throw pillows like a real person who would never think of eating Doritos for breakfast just a few moments later.


In true spoiled baby fashion, I think this behavior deserves a reward.

Why not personalized note cards and other jazz
?

(Uh, Jake Ryan as in Jake Ryan? Yes, please I'd like your address. And yes, so what if I have a thing for sweater vests?)

I can't think of a better way to say "Self, here's a nice little token of appreciation for all you do to make your bedroom look less like the snarled aftermath of a tornado. Now go forward and keep being appreciative and mature. Correspond. Say hi! Or thanks even!"


It totally helps that these note cards and mailing labels and address stamps are completely adorbs.


Some of them aren't too fancy ladystyle either. Maybe I'll do the really adult thing and buy some for Marc. I think he feels weird when I make him use my ladybug stationary to write his dad a thank you note for all of the manly computer-y and tool gifts he sends.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin