Monday, October 12, 2009

At home with Anja




This week, we're lucky enough to get a peek into the sunny, pattern-filled home of Anja Mulder, who lives with her adorable son Berend in the Netherlands.

I'm so envious of all the fun wallpaper she has!



Not to mention the stories her photos tell...

In Anja's own words:

How long have you lived in your home, and why did you choose it?

Been living here since march this year. This place was built in the 50s. I love the light in the rooms, its large windows, wooden floors, brick walls. And the vibe of the house is very good, that's why I chose it.




How would you describe your style?

Colorful, positive, playful and practical (I have a five-year-old running around here).


Has your look evolved over the years?
Nope, I'm pretty constant in my look. My robot and book collection has grown, and since Berend made his entrance there are a lot of toys lying around everywhere.




What's your favorite part of your home?
The kitchen is my favorite part of my home.





What's your next project?

A couple of walls are stil white...



What are your favorite places for finding treasures for your homes?
Flea markets, thrift stores, Asian stores, bookshops and my favorite Dutch store the Hema



Any others you'd recommend?
FFFFOUND
Bryan Derballa
Sundholm Design
We Love Typography
It's Nice That
Fecal Face
The Selby
Book By Its Cover
Fleuron Typographic
Rob Ryan

Whoa! I love The Selby and Ffffound, but the rest of these are pretty stellar new links. Guys, do yourself a favor and set aside some time to click through them.

Thanks, Anja! Your cheery photos are definitely a day brightener!

2 comments:

rachel said...

What a fun home! I love all the details.

Zoey Roberts said...

Appreciate this blog ppost

Blog Widget by LinkWithin