Monday, April 26, 2010

Mom-isms 2: Hans Johansen's revenge

I spent a fun-packed weekend with my mom (Happy birthday!). We had a great time eating angel food cake, wedding dress shopping, catching a movie and finding some great scores at Midland Arts & Antiques Market. I love you, mom. You're so cool!

But it wouldn't be mom time if there weren't some great mom-isms.

1)While watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (the fact that my parents enjoy a very crass show about the most selfish, horrible people on earth--no judgment, I do too!--is another topic for another day):

Dee, who is played by Caitlin Olson, comes on screen

Stepdad: I can't believe that's one of the Olsen twins.

Me: No, she's not! Where did you hear that?

Stepdad: Well, that's what your mom told me.

Mom, walking into the room: Can you believe that's Mary-Kate Olsen? She doesn't even look the same!

2) Listening to the 90s station on XM Radio, Ice Ice Baby Comes on. You know how in the beginning, Vanilla Ice goes, "Yo, VIP! Let's Kick it!"? My mom busts out with, "Don't. Be. A. Pig. Let's kiss it!"

3) If you have an iphone, it's likely you're obsessed with Words With Friends. I know I am (look me up, girl. M&A Dept!). My mom is up in there too. But she's decided to abbreviate the name of the game, so she'll be all, "Hey honey? Have you played me back on We're Friends yet?" So adorable.

Mom, if you're reading this, you're the best! Thanks for all of the fun we had this weekend and for all of your wedding-related help and advice. You're the only person who could convince me to read (and annotate) a bridal magazine, and your excitement makes all the planning fun. You also make really delicious eggs and know about all the best hair products. Love you lots!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww, mums are the best :)

Dressing On The Side said...

your mom sounds fabulous--great stories.

Ashley said...

I LOVE SUNNY.

And your mom sounds SO FRIGGIN CUTE.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin